If you need first aid and CPR training in Winnipeg for your school or workplace look no further than Winnipeg First Aid. This low priced, government approved, first aid provider has been offering courses in Winnipeg since 2012. Learn life saving skills and how to prevent harm, stay safe and preserve life by learning the most effective and common sense rescue techniques using mannequins and volunteer casualties. Build your resume and increase your confidence by attending workplace approved certification courses such as standard first aid and stand-alone CPR classes such as CPR for health care providers (CPR HCP). With exceptional google reviews, nearly 300 5 star reviews, this provider has grown to be one of the most friendly, convenient and engaging course provider in Winnipeg. A wide range of workplace courses are available as well as mask fit testing, WHMSI and TDG training. Participants that need to renew expiring awards can attend re-certification courses which provide certificates that meet Manitoba workplace requirements. Take a first aid and CPR course today and learn the skills needed to save a life!
Click here or fill out the form below to enrol at Winnipeg First Aid today!
Contact Details for First Aid and CPR Courses in Winnipeg
You can reach Winnipeg First Aid with any of the contact details below.
- Telephone: 204-272-8720
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Main Training Office: 222 Osborne St, Unit 20, R3L1Z3, Winnipeg
- Website: http://www.firstaidwinnipeg.ca
Winnipeg First Aid is located in the heart of Winnipeg in the Osborne district. A number of amenities are available including free parking and nearby restaurants and shops. Winnipeg First Aid proudly offers courses that meet the requirements of the following schools:
- Booth University College
- Brandon University
- Canadian Mennonite University
- Providence University College
- University College of the North
- Universite de Saint-Boniface
- University of Winnipeg
- University of Manitoba
It also proudly serves the neighbourhoods and municipalities of Norwood West, McMillan, Osborne Village Norwood East, Broadway – Assiniboine, West Broadway, Regent, Portage la Prairie, Saint Laurent, Headingley, Oak Bluff, St Anne, Niverville, Saint Claude, Carmen, Morris, Emerson and more. For more information about the location of Winnipeg First Aid check out the map below.
About First Aid and CPR Courses in Winnipeg
First Aid and CPR Course Prices
Training course rates at Winnipeg First Aid are the lowest in the area. All rates are inclusive of taxes, certificates, and St
Mark James registration fees. Trainees don’t need to worry about additional expenses because manuals and equipment used during training are all included in the initial enrolment fee. For trainees who choose to drop out of a training course, they are entitled to a full refund as long as a 72-hour notice is given. Courses range in price from as low as 48.99 for a stand-alone CPR course to 114.99 for a two day intermediate level standard first aid course. Participants can also register for basic life support for 69.99 which includes AED training and certification. Other courses available for the lowest price in Winnipeg include food safety certification, 3M mask fit testing, WHMSI and TDG.
CPR Training Courses
Winnipeg First Aid Offers the following levels of CPR training that can be offered in a stand-alone format or combined with a first aid course:
- CPR level A
- CPR level C
- CPR level HCP / Basic Life Support
These CPR courses are reviewed by multiple Canadian doctors and meet / exceed CSA standards for Canada. Participants can register in confidence knowing they are receiving the best training Canada can offer.
Basic, Intermediate and Advanced First Aid Classes
A variety of combined first aid and CPR courses are available to participants in Manitoba including:
- Basic First Aid – A one day course that teaches basic levels of first aid training and includes CPR and AED certification. This course is also referred to as a emergency first aid.
- Intermediate First Aid – This is a two day course that teaches more comprehensive first aid training including recognition and management of strokes, heart attacks, hypothermia, heat exhaustion, heat stroke, broken bones, asthma, hyperventilation, angina, anaphylaxis, contusions, amputations, head and neck injuries and more. Typically CPR level C is partnered with the course but participants can also opt to include basic life support CPR.
- Childcare First Aid – This two day course meets the requirements for childcare and daycare workers. This course is typically partnered with CPR level B
- Advanced First Aid – This two week course is the most advanced, government approved, course that is offered at Winnipeg First Aid. This challenging course involves significant homework and many challenging scenarios for participants to learn.
Private classes are offered to companies or big groups who request a separate class and schedule for training. These classes are usually used for skill development and team building activities for companies. Trainees who are unable to enrol in a regular class schedule may choose to register for a private class.
Certification and Renewals
All trainees who successfully finish a training course are awarded a St Mark James certificate for first aid, CPR, and AED training, valid for three years throughout Canada. Renewals for expiring or near-expiry certificates are also offered by Winnipeg First Aid’s refresher courses, usually held twice a week.
Get a head start on your training with the short lesson below
Hypothermia happens when the body’s core temperature falls below the normal value of 37 degrees Celsius. Whether it be from cold water, snow, or the wind, hypothermia kills many Canadians ever year. Learning to recognize and care for victims of hypothermia is part and parcel of almost every major St Mark James training program.
How the Body Can Lose Heat
The body can enter into hypothermia as it can lose heat via:
Signs and symptoms of hypothermia
- Weak Pulse
- Slurred speech
- Loss of consciousness
To learn to provide emergency first aid for individuals suffering from hypothermia, enrol at Winnipeg First Aid today!