Do you need to strengthen your resume and build your confidence? Learn to provide life-saving help and get workplace approved certification in Surrey by taking first aid courses with a credible provider. Vancouver First Aid has several training centres in Surrey with the main centre located in the business centre of Surrey Newton. A large number of courses are available including on-line safety training, food safe level 1 & 2, occupational first aid level 1, two-day standard first aid, stand-alone CPR and AED courses, re-certifications, private infant CPR classes and private group courses for businesses. The most popular first aid and CPR course, standard first aid, teaches participants how to manage varying emergencies including how to manage heart attacks, strokes, broken bones, hypothermia, heat exhaustion, anaphylaxis, asthma, contusions, abrasions, head injuries and more. Learn to save a life and enrol in first aid and CPR training at a Surrey training centre near you.
First Aid and CPR Courses in Surrey Contact Information
Customer service representatives are available 7 days a week, including on holidays, to help answer questions or to provide help with registration for any of the courses. Use the following information to contact them between 7 am and 7 pm everyday.
- Phone Number: 778-709-9180
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: http://vancouverfirstaid.ca
Training Center Locations for First Aid and CPR Courses in Surrey
Located at 13569 76 Ave #110, Surrey, BC V3W 2W3, this training centre offers the full range of courses listed below including 3M mask fit testing. This training centre proudly offers courses to students of SFU and Kwantlen as well as to residents of South Surrey, Newton, New Westminster, Whalley, Delta, Pitt Meadows and Maple Ridge.
For more information about the training centre, directions and to view available amenities nearby check out the following map:
Free parking is available at this training centre and it is easily accessible via transit as it’s located along King George Boulevard.
Rates for First Aid and CPR Courses in Surrey
The training course rates are the lowest offered in Vancouver. Check out the full list of courses and prices below:
- Standard first aid – 144.99 – Also referred to as intermediate first aid, this is a two day course that is often completed in consecutive days. Recertification’s are available for this course and are significantly cheaper (89.99) and take only 8 hours to complete. Certification is valid for 3 years.
- Emergency first aid – 89.99 – Also referred to as basic first aid, this one day 8 hour course is incredibly popular and meets OFA level 1 requirements set by WorkSafe BC. CPR level “A” comes standard with the course but participants have the option of partnering a higher level of CPR training at an extra cost. AED training is included in the course.
- Childcare first aid – 89.99 – 134.99 – This course comes in two formats, the one and the two day course. Both include CPR level “C” training which is CPR for victims of all ages. This course is incredibly similar to both the basic and intermediate first aid programs.
- Advanced first aid – 949.99 – This course is the most advanced course available by Vancouver First Aid in Surrey and meets OFA level 3 standards set by WorkSafe BC. This course takes two weeks to complete and is typically offered in a blended format in which participants only need to attend one week of in class teaching and the other components are taught on-line. The in class component is offered in a Monday to Friday format.
- CPR level C – 69.99 – This course is designed for individuals that only need CPR and AED training without the first aid. Participants will learn how to do rescues for victims of all ages in this 5 hour course.
- Basic Life Support – 74.99 – this course is also referred to as CPR HCP and BLS. This is the most advanced level of CPR training available at this training centre. This is often taught for health care providers that get the opportunity to have trained back up and the use of bag-valve masks.
Vancouver First Aid caters to a number of clients for private courses in Surrey, Delta and throughout the Lower Mainland. To book a private course at your workplace / office or at the Surrey training centre use the contact information posted above to speak with a customer service representative. They will easily beat an competitors listed price and offer various discounts depending on size.
The training centers are outfitted with high-end equipment used for first aid training. The classrooms are spacious and air-conditioned to ensure the trainees optimum level of education. Vancouver First Aid training has two training centers in the Surrey area, both conveniently located near public transportation and restaurants.
Why Vancouver First Aid in Surrey?
Here’s the top 10 reasons to register for a first aid, safety, CPR or mask fit testing with Vancouver First aid:
- High volume of courses – this provider offers a high number of courses that help to cater to your schedule. And if you’ve got a group then they can help with setting up a private course that meets your schedule
- Lowest Prices – this provider offers the lowest prices. You won’t be able to find a lower price!
- No hidden fees – the price you see is the price you get. No additional costs or hidden fees.
- WorkSafe BC equivalency – this provider offers WorkSafe BC equivalency courses to make sure you get the certification that you need.
- Blended formats – if you can’t make the time to come to class you can take a number of courses with half the time spent online and the other in class. It’s all about the convenience and catering to your schedule.
- Amazing Instructors – check out the Google Reviews. This provider has near 5 star ratings at all of its training centres.
- Clean and sanitized – this provider has a strict cleaning schedule and ensures the classrooms are well sanitized to ensure a safe environment for its participants.
- No pressure policy – if you don’t pass the course on the first try this provider will allow you to re-take the course for free! They understand that not everybody gets it the first time around.
- Free parking – that’s right! ample free parking at this training centre. They are serious about the no hidden fees.
- Low cancellations – this provider does everything it can to ensure that classes are rarely cancelled. Cancellations are frustrating for everyone.
Did You Know?
Insulin and diabetes
One of the most important organs in our body is the pancreas. It is located just below the stomach and secretes a hormone called insulin. When we digest food, our body processes its glucose for energy. Any excess glucose is stored away. When the glucose levels get too high, the pancreas secret insulin to help the glucose levels come down. With diabetes type 1, the pancreas do not produce insulin at all. This is usually a genetic problem and manifests in children. In diabetes type 2, our cells become insulin-resistant due to prolonged exposure to high levels of glucose. With continuously high glucose levels, there is constantly high-levels of insulin in the blood, which in turn causes the pancreas to stop or lessen insulin production.
More about diabetes when you enrol in a first aid training class at Surrey First Aid.